… OK, so the pic above may be overkill…
I think the last time I paid attention to beauty tips was when I was still in high school and looked like a pimple on legs. I think these tips are pretty fresh from the last article I saw (circa 1995) which instructed me to get a basin of just-boiled water, put my head over it, then cover both head and basin with huge towel so I can “enjoy” the steam. It was pretty reminiscent of a concentration camp, but hey, anything for beauty! So here’s sharing some non-fatal tips to get that skin healthy and glowing…
it is hard to decide as to which products would suit your personal needs and requirements. There is also the danger of causing more harm to the skin with over experimentation in the search for that perfect product. This is where the simplest and safest solution lies in using home-remedies or naturals products. No matter how much a commercially advertised product abounds with promises of being perfectly natural, it can never be completely free of chemicals.
Here are some of the ways in which these natural ingredients can be used in your own homes.
- The first step towards beautiful skin begins with drinking up to 2liters of water throughout the day. This should be coupled with a healthy diet of plenty of fruits and vegetables and maximum avoidance of oily and junk food.
- Oily skin can be dealt with by washing the face with water mixed with a little vinegar. Acne can be treated by applying aloe vera juice; rose water mixed with sandalwood paste or multani mitti; crushed cucumber paste; paste of water with cumin seeds, neem leaves or orange peels on the affected areas. Note: face should be washed after 20-30 minutes of application.
- Super smooth and glowing skin can be obtained be scrubbing once or twice a week. Scrubs can be made by mixing half cup sugar, juice of 1 lemon and 1tbsp vegetable oil, or; 8 cups of sea salt, 2 cups of jojoba oil, 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa, 2 tbsp of vanilla extract and honey, or ; dried and crushed orange peels with water.
- Blackheads disappear like magic by rubbing a paste of rice powder mixed with water over the area and letting it stay for 5 minutes before washing off. Another method is by applying honey and letting it remain for 5-10minutes and wiping off with a cloth.
- Face packs go a long way in keeping skin clear and oil free and also preventing skin from sagging. These can be made by – mixing multani mitti with rose water, glycerin and tomato juice; mashing up a very ripe banana and adding honey; mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey. X84TW85U2ZMS